Fes Historical & heritage Tours
Fez Guided City Sightseeing Tour.
This day trip starts at 09:00 AM and finishes in the same day at 04:00 PM.
You will be picked up at 9 AM from your centrally located hotel/Riad in Fez in an air-conditioned vehicule. An official local guide (English,French,spainsh…-speaking) will accompany you on this tour.
The highlights include:
• Andalusia Mosque: This stunning mosque is easily definable by its imposing green and white minaret. Built at the end of the 9th century by a woman, its wood carvings are exquisite.
• Tanners’ District: One of the main attractions of Fez, the tanners’ quarters is where leather is produced using the same centuries-old methods. You can get a bird’s eye view from the raised platform and watch the entire process.
• El-Attarine Madrasa or the Medersa Attarine: Visit Fez’s most popular attraction, the El-Attarine Madrasa in the heart of the city, built in 1325. See the fine examples of Merenidcraftsmanship around the madrasa, especially the stucco and cedar wood carvings on the ceiling.
• Karaouine Mosque: One of the biggest religious structure in Morocco, this mosque lies in the heart of the medina. The university attached to the mosque has been the centre of Islamic learning in Morocco for more than 1000 years.
• Azouia Moulay Idriss: The tomb of Moulay Idris is a highly revered shrine. At the entrance, women pass offerings through a hatch, which is also as close as a non-Muslim can get.
• Place Nejjarine: A beautiful fountain can be seen at the Place Nejjarine, a square deep in the heart of the medina. It is also home to the Nejjarine Museum of Wood and carpentry and showcases Fez’s renowned wood-carving tradition. See exquisite furniture, thrones and objects of everyday use. Nearby is the souk of the carpenters.
The tour breaks for lunch at Moroccain restaurants in the Medina.
After lunch, continue with your guided exploration of the attractions outside Fez.
The highlights of this tour include:
• Gates: Royal Palace, Bab Boujloud: The Bab Boujloud gate is the most famous gate in Morocco. It is also the main entrance to the Medina. See the striking blue and green colors that cover either side of this monumental gate. The Royal Palace is one of the most elegant structures in Morocco with a huge and impressive gate.
• Tombs of the Merenid Dynasty: Get spectacular views over the city from this resting place of the Merenid Sultans who played a crucial role in making Fez the cultural and religious capital of Morocco. The ruins are a great place to take in the sprawling vistas of the Medina below.
• District of the potters: See where the world- famous cobalt blue enameled pottery is made.
Late afternoon we will drop you off at 4 PM in riad in Fez Medina.
|The Medina; Andalusia Mosque, Tanners District, El-Attarine Madrasa, Karaouine Mosque, Azouia Moulay Idriss, Place Nejjarine, Gates: Royal Palace, Bab Boujloud, Tombs of the Merenid Dynasty, District of the potters.|
|Pick Up||Pick up at 9 AM from your hotel/riad in Fez or from the airport|
|Drop Off||Drop off at 4 PM in your hotel/riad in Fez or at the airport|
|Available dates||All the year|